Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Controlling Faster, Obey Your Master

The 2006 Northstars campaign got off to a rousing start last night at the Fridley Community playing grounds. The Green Giants won the opener 16 to 15 and the twi-night portion of the doubleheader 23 to 17. The hitting and defense of the boys looked mighty improved over last years sub-.500 fall campaign.

I am so pumped that softball started finally. The five months that I spent waiting were far too long. And we took both games, with me scoring the winning run on a double by my younger brother Jordan. My hitting kind of blew, but I did get 4 RBIs between the two games. Quade went yard, which was impressive. The team we played was a bunch of douches from DeLisis restruant, which doesn't even exist anymore. I found that weird, them being from DeLisis.

To get pumped for the game, we bumped old school Metallica. "Master Of Puppets" (which is the greatest song to get pumped to and has been shortened to "M of P" by the Eickholt boys), "One" and "Sanitarium" were all spun. I think that it has to become a Monday gameday tradition from now on.

Oh, and I heard "I Think I'm In Love" by Eddie Money on JACK 104 and I almost crashed my car into a bus. I friggin love that jam. Then I saw some dude who looked like Bob Dylan from the Rolling Thunder Revue in '75 (weird Gaucho hat, long Jew-Fro) and I got even more pumped. My pumpedness is at a orange level right now.

No comments: