Friday, February 10, 2006

I Was Makin' Love Last Night, To A Dancin' Friend Of Mine

I had a rollicking good time last eve. I went to Jeffs crib and watched the Office and had a few beers, then I took a cab downtown to sing some kareoke at Old Chicago like we had done many a Thrusday. Unfortunately, they don't do that at Old Chicago anymore. It turns out that we were the only people doing kareoke on Thursdays there. So we went to Gluek's to see Hookers N Blow. It was pretty good, and they actually played some different songs ("Across The Great Divide" by The Band, "Rocks Off" by the Stones and "I Saw the Light" by Todd Rundgren) with some guy they introduced as "being straight from Greece". But it was kind of dead there. We went to the Pub, but there was, I swear to God, five people there. Why is downtown so dead on a Thursday? I thought that most people don't work on Fridays anymore. The night was finished off by eating cheap apps at Old Chicago. Fun with two n's.

No comments: