Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Why Count Lifes' Complexities When The Leather Runs Smooth On The Passenger Seat?

I looked at a list of the Oscar nominees today and I was kind of put off. The fact that Walk The Line wasn't nominated was kind of a shock. I think that the only way that you can get nominated is if you play a retarded person, a homosexual or someone who has a mental disability or is crippled. Seriously, Tom Hanks wins two years in a row (as a gay man with AIDS and a mentally slow guy) and loses the third as an astronaut. Sean Penn and Leonardo were also both nominated for playing retarded characters. It's kind of funny. I would bet the house that Brokeback Mountain wins for movie and director, and Reese Witherspoon wins for Walk The Line. Hell, thats the only one of the movies that I have seen. I hope that both leads from that movie win, but they will probably give it to the fat guy from Boogie Nights because he plays a gay guy and 2006 is the year of manly love at the Academy I guess.

On a totally unrelated note, I have rekindled my long dormant relationship with twice baked potatoes. I had one tonight and all the great memories of Ms. Korhorst's 7th grade Home Ec class came flooding back.

1 comment:

Order Pills Antibacterial said...

I am very happy to read this article..thanks for giving us this useful information.