Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Where Have All The Rude Boys Gone?

Walk The Line is a fantastic movie. I finally saw it today, and I think that I need to pick up some Sun Records Johnny Cash. That was the best music in the film.

I was reading Okay Player last night and there was a thread about the songs that scared people as a kid. Most people were scared by the song "Carribean Queen" and by "Somebody's Watchin Me." Some dudes were even freaked out by the Paramount TV ending theme. I admit, I was too. I was also scared by the song "Hey Tonight" by CCR and the song "Silent Running" by Mike and The Mechanics. It was the one with the chorus "Can you hear me running? Can you hear me callin you?" The song "Hazzard" by Richard Marx, about a retard killing a girl by the river, also made me want to cry and cuddle up under my Lazer Tag sheets.

Its funny how weird things freak you out. I can't watch old black and white movies. They make me not sleep for weeks. Not classics like Citizen Kane or Casablanca, but B Movies. I have no idea why. Maybe because everyone who was in them is dead? Oh, and I also get freaked out by old commercials with really creepy jingles. Mainly with lady singers. There was a commercial for a pro choice orginization a few years ago called Birth Right. The jingle was "Birth Right Cares About You." I swear to god, every time it came on while I was listening to my clock radio, I would have to sleep with all the lights on.

No comments: