Friday, October 14, 2005

Up, Down, Turnaround, Please Don't Let Me Hit The Ground

I went and saw "Waiting" last night and found it to be hilarious. Most definently a movie that my nonexistent kids will enjoy watching on TBS in 20 years. Best part was when some douche in the audience felt the need to scream out at Andy Millanakus when he said "I am the walrus." Dude screamed "Thats a fucking Beatles line!! Fuck this, I'm fucking leaving. " I saw him in the lobby two minutes later being comforted by his girlfriend. It was the weirdest thing I have ever seen at a theatre. And all this was at Arbor Lakes, because I am sick of the ghetto trash at Regal. Freaks be everywhere, I guess.

I am feeling the shit out of the "Danger Doom" CD. I have only heard a few MF Doom cuts before I purchased, and I have to be honest, I bought this one because of the Aqua Teen Hunger Force cameos. But Doom is the shit, the cameos are not lame like I thought they might be, and Danger Mouse has some kick ass beats. I probably will have to go out and get that Doom album about food next. I also have been in somewhat of a mellow mood lately. I picked up "After the Gold Rush" by Neil Young on vinyl about a week ago and I have been bumping that quite a bit. I love "Southern Man" and "Only Love Can Break Your Heart." It's been a bit of a weird musical journey lately. I felt the overwhelming need (not want) to hear "Brilliant Disguise" by Springsteen on the way to school. So overwhelming, in fact, that I almost ran into CD Warehouse and bought it.

If you don't own the "Arrested Development" season two box set, you are shamed. This is the truth, and the best sitcom on TV. Random lines like," I, uh, went out to my shit hole trailer and smoked the weed like a cigarette" crack me up every time.

Oh, and one other thing. I finally friggin got promoted! I guess the DM was impressed with how I helped open the store that I am going to be a shift at Northtown in a couple of weeks. The extra bank is going to allow me to move out of the parents house and into a crap place with a few roomies. Its time for the baby bird to fly the coop. Actually, its probably been time for five years, but whatever.

No comments: