Saturday, January 15, 2011

Highlights of the Week 1/15/11

The first two months of the year are usually awful. Very little sunlight, it's cold as ice (it's also willing to sacrifice our love) and there is no baseball. To combat the overall malaise I feel around this time of the year, I am trying to accentuate the positive. Here is what went right for me this week:

-Went to the doctor on Wednesday and noticed a huge chart on the wall with bar graphs labeled "profit", "referals" and "revenue". This is why I avoid the doctor as much as possible. All about money, not about care. At least the absurdity of it all made me laugh.

-The Twins re-signed Jim Thome. It's going to be really rad to see him hit #600 in a Twins uni.

-My company holiday party allowed me to drink top shelf booze for free, and also mainline apps for free as well. Plus, I got a nifty little trophy for 3 years of loyal service.

-I bought some new discs that all turned out to be sweet: the new Cake, Sleigh Bells and a Dion album produced by Phil Spector. The Dion album in particular is amazing. It sounds like something passed down from heaven. Simply magical.

-Taxes are complete, and I am getting a nice little chunk of change back. Methinks a Rust Belt baseball road trip is in order with the proceeds.

So there you go. Winter in the MN may be deadening and bleak, but at least I have the above to cheer me up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should take that trophy, shine it up real nice, and TURN THAT SUM BITCH SIDEWAYS AND STICK IT STRAIGHT UP YOUR CANDY ASS!

Stone Cold said...

Anonymous, Austin 3:16 says I just kicked your ass! WHAT?! WHAT?! Jake and I are gonna drink some Steveweisers in honor of his trophy winning night...cause Stone Cold Said SO!