Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Little BHO

I managed to sneak watching the swearing in today at work. I got a little choked up knowing that my boy won't be in office ever again. I mean, what will he do without a country to ruin? Sit on his ranch in Crawford and watch the Rangers I assume. Too bad daddy is an Astros fan, could spend some quality time with the old man before he croaks. How old is Ol' 1,000-Points-of-Light anyway?

In other, non world changing once in a lifetime news, today I got cut off in line at Target by some bitch who forgot shampoo. Her son was waiting by her goods and I was next in line. The stupid broad cut me off, and in the process, appalled her son. "There's people in line!" the kid said with embarrassment. To which his walking birth canal said "People my ass." Made me feel pretty fucking shitty...

But, I cheered up immediately when I overheard an older guy at the gym, in the middle of a conversation about glow in the dark golf balls, say the following:

"Oh yah, ya know my son-in-law Tyrone is playing in da Super Bowl in ah coupla weeks. He plays for da Pittsburgh Steelers. Tyrone Carter, went to da U."

For as much shit as I talk about this state, its things like that that keep me here. How fucking unassuming can you be to just off hand mention that your relative IS PLAYING IN THE FUCKING SUPER BOWL!!!!! If one of my relatives ever accomplished something like, oh, say PLAYING IN THE SUPER BOWL I would be wearing a shirt screaming about it. Ah, good old fashioned Minn-E-SOH-Tans.

No comments: