Wednesday, May 03, 2006

I Turn To Stone When You Are Gone

The new Pearl Jam is a solid work. I was worried for a second. I realized that I have played the last two live PJ CDs more than I played "Riot Act" (their last studio CD) since it came out. As a matter of fact, I don't think "Riot Act" has come off the shelf for over a year. Anyways, the new one is good. The first four songs rock hard, and I dig "World Wide Suicide" each time I hear it. "Unemployable" really gets to me. I downloaded that song about a month ago, and I liked it immediately. After reading the lyrics, I liked it more. It deals with a man getting laid off from his shit factory job. With my mother about to lose hers (thanks Bill Ford, you prissy little bitch) it really resonates. I still don't get the avacado on the cover, or the gross out pictures in the booklet, though.

The other CD I bought yesterday was "Wolfmother"by Wolfmother. This CD has some Shaq-sized balls, I'll tell ya whut. I love the fact that they are directly ripping of Zeppelin, right down to the mythical album cover. The lyrics are all about fairies and unicorns and mythical lands. There's also some soloing and some Bohnam style drumming. Short story is it rocks. But only when they also do a song about the Misty Mountain is when they ascend the mount of Thor and seize the hammer for good.

No comments: